Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sometimes I don't know where the time goes...

Pretty often the weeks fly by for me and I had realized that I hadn't made any posts of recent times. I may of been recovering from Mark's birthday party!

Some common themes have been occuring in my last few weeks. For starters I've played the role of 'art critic' by being the judge at two exhibitions; one at a posh girls school and the other for a mosaic exhibition at the my gallery. Being a judge is always an interesting experience. I think that I'm super quick and look for works that jump out to me immediately, that are innovative and interesting and also well executed. Judging the mosaic exhibition was a little more challenging as I haven't really had to judge the medium before, but I just approached it as any other contemporary art - hopefully the mosaic folk were happy with the results!

I also went to Brisbane (Brisvegas as many know it as, we call it Brismoe now) to see the Picasso and his collection exhibition. It had been a while since I'd visited the sunshine state and was glad that I wen't with my fabulous two husbands! In a nutshell, the food was kinda crappy, the art was great, the markets so-so. Though we went on ferries and walked around. I ended up getting sore feet and had to buy a pair of very patriotic thongs at a souvenier store. (see below)


I did get 'gallery envy'. Both the State Library of Queensland and the galleries were fantastic, very beautiful architecture, easy to walk around, great feel as a curator and patron. I will definitely go for other shows for the weekend!

I also went along for the first time to Baranows Whiskey Tasting evening. They've had quite a few but I haven't managed to make it until now. I'm not a huge whiskey drinker, naturally I love my vodka but it was a very informative and fun night. And I didn't get too tipsy after sampling 8 whiskeys!

Now I just need to get my butt into some weaving... so stay tuned!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...