Sunday, July 5, 2009

Art, a banquet & chopstick holders

It was a pretty eventful Saturday, one of those Saturdays where I had planned heaps of things to do and was wondering how it was all going to come together. For a Saturday, I had even set my alarm clock really early so I could catch up on domestic duties! So for a Saturday round up, here is what I've been enjoying!

My friend Bronwyn Rees launched her exhibition of new works at the Firestation Print Studio. As I had so much on, I actually went before the official launch which was great, I could view all the works without the masses and get some insight from Bron as my unofficial tour guide! The exhibition features etching prints, artist books and paintings and is on for the rest of the month! Go see it! It's really beautiful and if you go on a Saturday, you may get the tour with Bron as well!

Brett Whiteley portrait.

We had organized a large group of us (which involved organizing 2 cars!) to go on a road trip to Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery for the 9 Shades of Whiteley exhibition opening. It was wet and rainy and cold but we braved it for the 1 hour drive out there! It was an interesting experience, being a gallery curator as well, I have a tendency to look at the gallery set up, how they installed the show, how they manage the flow through of people and the overall experience. Couple of bad things, the gallery has carpet, ick! and they are pretty light handed on the wines! Great wines though, however we were giggling at many oldies shwiping all the cheese and crackers off the platter and into their purses! Great turn out for the show and some impressive large and important works by the late Brett Whitely.

We all headed back to Casa MaMa to go out for dinner and after we were turned away from the Harp hotel for a table of 9, we ventured to the Cheng Moon for a fantastic banquet and a hell of a lot of laughs! The food was fantastic, service was great and they had these amazing naked bottom chopstick holders!

Thanks to the Crimson Comet for the pics! Here is the gals looking a little full from all the yummy food, especially the satay sticks! I'm sure another banquet will be happening soon!

Miss Mardi
xxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...