Monday, July 27, 2009

A bit of a yarn...

Gosh, I've been so busy with the gallery of late that I haven't been posting. I'm sure that I will make up for it while I'm on three months leave!

The other week I went to the Bendigo Sheep and Wool Show. It is soooo much fun, it's a little bit country but also a hell of a lot of rock and roll. There are so many stalls from little farms that spin their own yarn. Last year I found one such stall with this gorgeous alpaca yarn that was incredibly cheap. I was pretty pleased that they were there again this year and I picked up some more alpaca in a lovely army green as I like to describe it.

Alpaca yarn

I'm thinking of an army green beret perhaps... it's very Miss Mollie Moscow of me! There is a beret pattern from the Knit.1 Magazine that calling to be tried out.

I also found a new yarn store by accident on the weekend in the city (Melbourne CBD). Visit Morris and sons at Level 1, 234 Collins Street, Melbourne and be amazed by their selection and knowledge! They also do a stitch and bitch on a Thursday evening I think. Definitely check them out.

I probably should get to and do some projects huh? Especially before the weather gets too warm!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...