Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Cowl is complete!

I got this delicious pink yarn from a store in Portland Maine and while I was recovering from my tattoos, I decided to start knitting up this hot pink cowl. The photo is my view in the hotel room in Portland, in my pjs, knitting away!

Basically the cowl is a big tube done in stocking stitch and finished with a chunky rib on either end. I do love working on a circular needle, don't love casting on and doing the first couple of rows. You have to be careful that you don't twist the stitches.

Bright pink Portland Maine, Cowl

Although I did finish the project in January, I've been really slack about finishing the ends as it hasn't been cold enough to wear it! Though yesterday's 18 degree day meant that it could come out and I'm loving it!

Bright pink Portland Maine, Cowl

The one thing that I'm loving about the cowl is that there's no loose scarf ends! I just pop over my head and I'm all cosy and ready to go! I'm loving being back in to the knit and I'm trying to start a knitting and martini group here in Melbourne. If you're interested, email me! If you want to see more about this project, check out the details on my Ravelry page! What? You're not a Ravelry member? it's free! So check them out online!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...