Thursday, April 15, 2010

Get your knit on!

2 Portland Maine hanks all wound up! (blog)


Now that Mark and I are married, I can finally knit him a sweater! If you're a knitter you will understand the sweater curse and I did knit this awesome sweater for a boyfriend once and well... I'm now married to another man!

When we were in Portland Maine, we came across this really cute, yet packed to the rafters, yarn store where everything was hand dyed. I did a post about it here if you want more details but I'm so glad to have finally wound off 2 of the four skeins of yarn and have started the first few rows of this 'married man sweater'!

Mark initially wanted a V-neck sweater but all of the patterns that I looked at had raglan sleeves, which I'm SOOOO out of practice on! So I thought a simple round neck, drop shoulder sleeve sweater was the way to go and it should make the beautiful hand dyed yarn sparkle!

The Noro pattern that I'm basing Mark's sweater on



It is super difficult to find great men's knitting patterns! They either look like something from the 80s or something your grandpa would wear. Luckily I stumbled upon this newish (well, I think newish) pattern book from the fantastic Noro folk. It has cute cardigans, sweaters and scarfs and I think that Mark will be getting a few things out of this book. Maybe the next project will be the hooded sweater?

The yarn for Mark's sweater


So I will be giving you updates as I plod along on this project, it's been awhile since I've knitted anything 'sweater big' so wish me luck!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...