Sunday, July 4, 2010

Pink, pink and more pink!

Bright pink Portland Maine, Cowl

I'm not sure how it all started but I've been a little obsessed with pink stuff recently. It may of begun when I started knitting the hot pink cowl pictured above in Portland Maine. When I saw the chunky yarn, it reminded me of fairy floss, delicious and so pretty and pink I could almost eat it!

Crochet bow by David.

There was a tiny bit of the yarn left over that my friend David, who has recently just learned how to crochet, made this super cute bow headband! It actually keeps my head warm too! Can you believe that David has only been crocheting for about 2 months?!!

My first ever knitted sock!

Speaking of just learning... I have decided to attempt knitting socks! I have been knitting on and off for about 25 years but never tried socks. I saw the gorgeous pink and grey Noro yarn and decided to give it a whirl. The lady at the yarn store was great and gave me a lovely simple pattern and it seems to make sense to me.

pink 024

Though I really can't believe the size of the needles that I'm knitting on either! They are 2.5mm which are tiny in my large hands. I keep wondering if I'm going to snap them?

ikea bottle opener

I've had this for ages but this is one of my favorite bottle openers and yep, it's pink! I bought it from ikea and it's very ergonomic in your hand. The great thing is because it's so bright, it is easy to find in the draw.

What's your feelings on pink? Is it too girly? Does it remind you of your childhood?

4 comments:

missfee said...

beware the sock as it is addictive and there is no return only lots and lots of socks

I love that noro colourway

miss mardi nowak said...

Thanks Missfee! I am hoping that it does become addictive and I end up with masses of socks! I have large feet so it's always problematic finding great fitting socks.

Yep, the noro is like fairyfloss too, good enough to eat!

Thanks for commenting!

DK said...

Be warned. (oops - too late) Beware the Noro yarn Beware the hand dyed and hand spun yarn that you will find at markets. beware the enormous range of sock wool that you will find in America at very reasonable prices. Aah, too late, I see. I have been knitting socks for 30 years, on and off. It's VERY addictive. I have learned how to knit them from the toe up. So much easier and if you have a foot that is not average size, you will get a better fit from a toe up sock.

miss mardi nowak said...

Thank you DK for the tips! I'm going to try some top up socks too once I get past this one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...