Sunday, September 5, 2010

What? A black Marimekko dress?

Yes, readers, you all know of my love of Marimekko stuff so when I was in New York City recently I did do a bit of a buy up at their store! Above is one of the dresses that I purchased and I have to say that I love it! I know, a black marimekko dress? No wild and bold patterns? Ah but you see this little number allows you to wear crazy coloured stockings and bold jewelry and it is super comfortable.

I was drawn to the asymmetrical sleeve work, with one drapey sleeve and one tight fitting sleeve. The solid colour accentuates the bold garment design. Oh Marimekko, how I love you!

2 comments:

Wangari M. said...

The dress is very cute, and as you said it leaves you more room to go crazy with accessories :) But I must admitt it is a little weird seeing a marimekko dress without a bold pattern and colour.

miss mardi nowak said...

I know black marimekko! weird huh? But I love bright tights and weird plastic bangles and brooches... it has loads of potential!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...