Tuesday, December 14, 2010

New Black and White dress creation...

Full dress


If you are a longtime reader of this blog you will know that I love me some bold prints!  I also love Marimekko fabric and its cheaper cousin Ikea fabrics.  I needed a 'statement' dress for a function at the MCC so I whipped up this baby.  Well actually some parts were already made, such as the pin tucked front panel that had been sitting there for a little while but I got inspired and made some alterations.

New dress


I added a bell/wide type sleeve which is quite dramatic.  Also I think the best accessories for this are black patent leather, so I added a black patent leather cinch belt, wedge shoes and patent leather clutch!  I love the graphic nature of the pattern and really, you can't go wrong with black and white!
You can check out the dress on Burdastyle if you're on there too!

1 comment:

David said...

And she looked stunning at the exhibition launch. A classic black and white fashion plate in a sea of red, white and blue stripes... and pastel pink shirt and tie on Richie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...