Sunday, January 16, 2011

Getting beardy....



I maybe more obsessed with beards than the average girl.  That is one of the reasons why I curated the exhibition Beardo which was at Town Hall Gallery at the end of last year.  As part of the exhibition the amazing folk from Barking Spider Visual Theatre created a work titled Beardo - a Tableaux Vivant.  The performers mingled through the crowds at the opening and caused quite the stir!  The youtube clip above shows some highlights of the performers in action.  I'm a firm believer in mixing up the mediums in an exhibition and having performance based art at an opening really gives the patrons a new way to appreciate the works on the wall as well.




While I was watching the clip from the Barking Spider Visual Theatre folk, I stumbled across this great promo clip for the documentary film Beardo.  This film covers the recent World Championship of Beard and Moustaches and was held in the USA, usually it is held in Europe.  I have a great interest in the film as the lovely Dave Mead whose amazing photographic portraits featured in the Beardo exhibition documented some of the characters who participated in this competition.  I can't wait for it to be released here in Australia!  Check it out, I love the scene of the bearded man in the pool, swinging his wet beard in all it's glory!  I'm also very fortunate to have purchased the six portraits by Dave Mead from the Beardo exhibition... yep my house is full of Beards!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...