Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Loom of Excitement!

preparing the loom
My current Scaffold loom which has been with me for about 15 years!


Yep, I'm pretty darn excited!  I've been contemplating purchasing another scaffold loom seeing I'm back in a decent studio space.  I wanted another loom, slightly smaller than the one that I currently work on, to weave smaller pieces while I'm working on large works.   I have a tiny loom which I hate working on.  I never seem to get a good tension going on it and it's so little yet clunky... blah!

So, I did some internet research and found a lovely company called Australian Scaffold who didn't think that I was a crazy person when I rang up and ordered a very small amount of scaffolding to create my new loom!

What I loved about them was they could customize my loom to my requirements and they were super lovely and friendly on the phone.  They even have 'scaffolding experts'!!! Who doesn't want one of those?!  Also, they deliver it all to me within a couple of days!

I can't wait to get my new shiny scaffold loom and warp it up for something smaller while I'm still working on the yellow monster currently.  Is it weird to be so excited by a loom?  Possibly!

1 comment:

Christopher said...

Greetings,

I am thinking of making a similar loom.

Is it possible to have a photo of the lower part of the loom, please?

Many thanks
Christopher
all@eastlink.ca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...