Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Bit of Arty Silliness...


Art bollocks


I enjoy playing with these 'Let us create an absurd artist statement, title for a show etc' programs that you can find on the internet.  I love it when they produce something that actually sounds like something that you would use or have seen before.  As a curator I enjoy that I can still poke fun at what I do and the art world that I work in.  It's not all like this but every now and again when I need a laugh, I do visit one of these sites!

You can visit www.artybollocks.com to make your own artist statement too.  Here is one that I got that made me giggle.

"My work explores the relationship between Critical theory and romance tourism.
With influences as diverse as Nietzsche and Andy Warhol, new insights are manufactured from both explicit and implicit dialogues.

Ever since I was a student I have been fascinated by the traditional understanding of the moment. What starts out as triumph soon becomes corroded into a tragedy of futility, leaving only a sense of nihilism and the dawn of a new synthesis.

As temporal replicas become frozen through studious and academic practice, the viewer is left with a summary of the corners of our existence."

Thanks Arty Bollocks for making my day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...