Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 Round Up: My Fashion Loves!

Marimekko n polka dots
2011 was about polka dots and stripes.


I'd like to think that I don't really follow fashion trends, well, I don't fully follow them!  I thought I would share some of my favourite fashion finds, loves and trends that 2011 gave me.

My crazy colour combo kicks for tonight! #vans
crazy colour tights


2011 was definitely about colour for me.  However in saying that I did have a huge Marimekko shopping frenzy in Boston where I managed to buy only black and white clothing - weird huh?!  I did love mixing this with super bright coloured stockings though which got alot of comments and played on the colour blocking trend.

marimekko grid
Marimekko goodness.


I was very naughty and did not sew nearly as much as I would of liked, I think I was so busy with my artwork creation that all spare time was put towards this.  I did however pick up lots of Marimekko dresses and new stripey tops which have been getting quite the work out!  So, 2011 was really about the Marimekko dress for me!  I can see that 2012 will have me making up some of my own with the collection of Marimekko fabrics that I have.

Another #marimekko and clog combo... Thanks @ugglebo_clogs!
Ugglebo Love!


I discovered Ugglebo Clogs! Oh my, how did I live without these in my life?  They are so comfortable and cute and they custom make them for you!  I have been living in my clogs and sharing the Ugglebo love where ever I can.  I'm just trying to decide what colour I am going to embrace for 2012.


The great yellow cowl
handknitted yellow cowl.


In 2011 I gave up scarves and embraced a handknitted cowl!  I went a little crazy knitting these beauties on circular needles.  I love that I didn't have to sew anything up and they knitted up quicklly.  Also the beauty of the cowl is that it can't blow off in the wind and you can pull it up over your ears to stay warm. My prediction is that the cowl is here to stay for me!

What about 2012?  Well, I have decided to get back into my sewing as much as I can.  I have a stack of fabric in my stash that really needs to be made into a variety of dresses and skirts.  I want to try and de-stash some of my clothing and send it to charity or try and sell it.  I would also love to knit up a great cardigan or jacket for Winter too but I guess, let's not go too crazy huh?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...