Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dress Inspiration

Sewing


As I am trying to bust my fabric stash this year (seriously, there is soooo much!), I am attempting to put together some key pieces to make up that I think will get worn over and over.

The new range from McCalls was quite exciting for me.  They have some cute, simple pieces and this collar-less shirt dress with pockets (pattern M6520) had my name all over it!  I have quite a few meters of a lightweight wool flannel (see top right corner), which doesn't appear to crush which I think will be perfect for this pattern.  I also think that this will make a great travel dress for our New York City trip, teamed with warm tights, boots and knitted accessories.

Don't worry, I will post a photo once all completed.  Though with Melbourne in a major heat wave at the moment, I will be waiting until it cools off before I start sewing this up!

To keep me inspired in getting back into my sewing the following blogs are ones that I follow at the moment!

Grainline Studio
Tesutti
Clever Girl
Jamie Christina Designs

You should check them out too, they are full of great inspiration and tips!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...