Sunday, March 18, 2012

What's Life without Colour and the Handmade?

#clogs were waiting for me from Sweden!
Ugglebo clogs.


I have become quite addicted to colour over the last few years.  Gone are my Melbourne black uniforms and they have been switched for the crazed impact of colour and pattern.  Colour definitely has a strong impact on your mood and wearing something bright makes me feel happy/sprightly and also seems to make other people around me feel pretty cheery too!

I came home from vacation just a couple of days ago to have my giant box of Ugglebo Clogs awaiting to unwrapped!  I had forgotten which colours I had ordered but I was super happy to see the bright blue, yellow and pink pop out when I unpacked them.  I can't wait to wear them with!

And my sock fits in great! #handmade #marimekko
Toimi bag by Marimekko, handmade sock by  me!


While I was away I picked up this gorgeous tote bag from Marimekko in Cambridge!  It's the Toimi bag and features these great colour blocked pockets and a very comfortable leather handle.  As you can see, the socks that I was knitting over my vacation break, teamed up very well with this bag!

There is something so special about handmade socks, they are soft and a perfect fit for my larger feet.  This is the third pair of socks that I have ever made and I am getting a bit braver with them and I'm even going to attempt a toe-up pair soon! If you are on Ravelry, you can find me and my other knitting adventures, I'm misskittym!  I adore the large stripe mix of this yarn too.

#marimekko ... I could just fall asleep on those cushions!
Marimekko cushions at Crate and Barrel.


So, does colour and the handmade make you happy?  Or do you prefer to mooch about in a chainstore top and drab colours?  Let me know!  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...