Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pink and Red Inspiration...

My knitting inspiration! L-R: my knitted cowl, #marimekko bag, my fav #marimekko striped tee, #marimekko gurus  Bud Collins & Anita!!


Marimekko inspiration for knitting...

One of my favourite colour combinations that Marimekko does is the super bright red and pink combo.  I love the way that the pink makes the red seem more pinky and vice versa.   While I was knitting up another of the moss stitch cowls in red, I realized that I was going to run out of yarn.  I wrote about the drama of making this cowl in this post!  What was I going to do?!
 
The perfect solution came to me while wearing one of my Marimekko striped tees.  (Pictured above) I realised that the best option was to select a colour to go with the red that was completely different.  The answer was pink...

I'm loving how it is looking now, a clash of red and pink and I am sure that when it is twisted into a double loop cowl around my next that the effect will be fantastic. 

I wanted to share some of my favourite red and pink Marimekko items that have inspired this colour combo.  The funniest thing is I googled 'red and pink Marimekko' and on the first page was a photo of my friends Bud and Anita!  As you can see, Bud is looking quite striking in his pink and red toned Marimekko trousers attending an exhibition of Anita's brothers work in Santa Fe.  Those two always look so stylish!

Be prepared for the pink and red madness when this cowl is completed.  Do you think it will be overkill if I wear it with the stripey t-shirt?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...