Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cold...

Home sick: I made these house slippers - they're ugly but super comfy and warm! And they took 1.5 hours to knit! #knitgeek



Ergh... I've been super quiet of lately, mostly due to having one hell of a head cold recently and staying home from work and resting. I've been rugged up and slathering on the Vicks and eating lots of warming soups. I managed to make these house slippers to keep my toes warm. They are quite ugly and remind me of Oscar the Grouch, which is appropriate seeing I felt quite grouchy while I was ill! 

These knitted slippers are super quick to make and are easy too. If you would like to try your hand at making some too, you can check out my project page on Ravelry which links to the pattern.

I am on the mend and hope to be back blogging in full force soon!

4 comments:

Davo said...

Well done! The pattern seemed to work ok. Sure you can refine it and make something more stylish.

Michelle said...

Awww, poor thing! Have some tumeric in honey ... doesn't taste great, but it's good for sore throats and coughs ;)

Mmm, those slippers look toasty!

miss mardi nowak said...

Thanks Dave, I kinda like the dodgy pattern. I mean, Ugg boots are pretty ugly too ;-)

miss mardi nowak said...

Thanks Michelle! I am definitely on the mend - the best thing about the slippers is I can wear them to bed (and have!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...