Friday, June 15, 2012

We all love fluoro...

My fluorescent yellow & grey mittens are done! #knitgeek
My new mittens!

Everywhere I look, I am seeing crazy fluorescent colours, usually teamed up with a neutral gray or beige so that they pop out. Maybe it's a little throwback to the 80s of wearing gray sweat pants and fluoro socks? I'm not sure but I have to say that I get very excited when I see wool, yes real wool, not acrylic, in super bright colours.

I got my hands on a gorgeous hand dyed and spun fluoro yellow yarn, though only a small amount and decided to have some fun knitting up these mittens. I think that they are pretty cute and hopefully would be enough to hail a taxi in the streets of New York.

Image courtesy of Purl Bee.

These mittens may of been inspired by this amazing blanket that featured on the Purl Bee website, I did see this project a while ago and immediately fell in love with it. You can read about the project here.

It is so simple but so incredibly effective and the basic gray allows the thin lines of  yellow to take over.  It's simply gorgeous!  If you are after some pretty fab fluoro yarns, Purl Soho has a fantastic range that will definitely make your eyes pop!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...