Monday, October 1, 2012

Organization Nerd...

My colour coded yarn for weaving! It's making life easier!
Getting yarn organized!


I decided that I needed to get a little more organized in the studio with my millions of coloured yarns.  I was finding it a little challenging to work, especially seeing I have been working on a series of small works that need various colours.  Often when I work on a large piece, I gather all the colours I need at the start, like creating my palette and just leave them out to work on.  This method just wasn't working for me with these small works.

I went and purchased a whole bunch of small clear containers for my small cones of yarn.  Each container fits about 30 cones.  I then colour coded the yarns into groupings that I use often; dark grey tones, lighter grey tones, flesh tones and colour groups.

So far it's working well and means that I can find things quickly and also keep ahead of my yarn stock.  I did discover that I have a lot of yellow yarn currently!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay, they look great! And so does your new blog layout - did you do a bit of spring cleaning?

miss mardi nowak said...

Hi Michelle,

I'd scaled back the blog as it is going to get added to another site in the next few weeks! I can't wait to see how it all looks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...