Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Thoughts...

Post it


Yes, it's that time again to look back on the year just gone. 2012 was a pretty crazy year for a lot of people.  I think that it was a year of change, both good and bad but looking back at it, there was so much that happened!


More 2012
(TOP LEFT: Marimekko invite, TOP RIGHT: Mark and I on his 40th Birthday.  BOTTOM LEFT:  At the Belvedere Bloody  Mary Launch.  BOTTOM RIGHT:  Mark goofing at Yosemite.)

WORK:  My gallery was closed so I was back to essentially a desk job and I really started to feel the isolation from dealing with my amazing artists.  Work seemed to be quite the downer but on the upside, working a 9 to 5 job meant that I could get much more time in the studio!  As the new gallery spaces near completion, I'm very excited to work in the new spaces at the end of 2013 and to see it all happen!

MAKING ART:  I did concentrate on making loads of new work, working on new themes and ideas and looking back at old stuff too.  Although I only exhibited once during 2012, I was able to focus on creating a new body of work for a solo exhibition coming up in early 2013 and also to put together different proposals (some which I wasn't successful!) and think about future works.  2012 was about planting seeds for new bodies of work which I'm sure will come to fruition later on.

TRAVEL:  My list of travel destinations was long this year!  It was for both work and pleasure but I definitely gained appreciation for places that I thought were a bit blah too!  I visited San Francisco, Yosemite National Park, New York, Boston, Sydney, Bendigo and Hobart!  Actually, some of these places I went to a couple of times!

Visiting Yosemite National Park and hiking to the top of a waterfall was definitely a highlight.  I had such a sense of achievement and a taste for this type of adventure now!  It was also lovely to take some 'real vacations' where I didn't have to think about work and I could relax and explore places.  I probably should do more of this!

2012
(TOP LEFT: My first attempt at hand dying yarn.  TOP RIGHT: I grew my hair and wore lots of Marimekko.  BOTTOM LEFT:  Mad Men party with gorgeous Sim.  BOTTOM RIGHT: weaving, lots of weaving.)


FINISHING STUFF:  I created my own month of attempting to finish those pesky unfinished projects and it really did focus me to do it!  I can see that I will bring this back in 2013 too.

FRIENDS AND FAMILY:  Well old friends came and went and lovely new friends entered my life!  I am amazed the avenues that I have met people, as well as their generosity and sincerity too!  I've made new friends all over the world and it's lovely to have pen pals where we send each other interesting things.

I am super lucky to have a best friend, goofball and big supporter in my husband who always keeps my head clear in times of craziness.  Also family and long time close friends who will always laugh with you are keepers!

TIME AND WELLBEING:  I know that we all say it but time does seem to go so fast!  I think 2012 has been me attempting to not feel guilty about not being able to do everything and be everything to everyone!  You've got to keep your sanity!  I am glad that my lovely personal trainer Jen is back and that I can look forward to 2013 being a healthy year.

Here's to 2013!!! Have a fun and safe New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...