Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Coat of Many Colours...

Romance was born
Romance Was Born for Cleckheaton.


Not quite the homage to the amazing Dolly Parton song but almost, this knitted intarsia coat designed by Romance was Born is my latest project.  If you have been reading this blog for sometime, you know how much I adore my wacky colour combos and bold patterns.  When I saw this pattern (which is for free!), I knew that I had to give it a go.

I couldn't help but start this project!!! #knitting
Making a start!


Probably one of the most challenging knits for me, simply because of the huge amounts of intarsia, it is simply flying off the needles at the moment!  This baby uses about 45 balls of yarn, oh my!  The structure of the garment is quite straight forward, back, fronts and sleeves and is one size fits all so there isn't too much to think about other than the intarsia work.


About 10 rows off completing one chart!! #knitting
the intarsia is flying along!
 

I can't wait until it is finished so I can wear it around like a crazy cat loving bag lady!  As that is what I think I may look like!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It's going to look fabulous! Kinda reminds me of those huge Kaffe Fasset knitted coats from the 80s, which I still love ;)

hellomister said...

Hi There - I juts bought the wool for this to see if I can heave it ready by next winter. Did you finish it? I'm juts snooping around the interwebz to see if anyone has completed it...

(it looks pretty good so far in these shots!)

Cheers

hellomister said...

Hi There - I juts bought the wool for this to see if I can heave it ready by next winter. Did you finish it? I'm juts snooping around the interwebz to see if anyone has completed it...

(it looks pretty good so far in these shots!)

Cheers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...