Thursday, October 17, 2013

Taking care of business...

I have been missing in action from this blog of recent times.  My life as a curator has taken over with my new gallery space being completed and about to be relaunched!  There has been many 12 hour days, lack of sleep but also much excitement.  You can check out what we are doing over at www.townhallgallery.com.au

I've also been looking around my projects recently and really need to 'take care of business' and finish off some things!!!

Here's a recap of what's on the needles at the moment and what I need to finish before the end of the year.


#knitting I think my hands are starting to get a bit sore!!


The Crazy Cat Lady coat.  I have completed the two fronts and almost finished the back.  The sleeves are still to come but I think getting this finished before the end of the year is pretty achievable.  This project has been taking forever.  It is super big and unfortunately not one of those projects that you can take around with you!  This baby uses up close to 40 balls of yarn.  I am realistic that I am probably not going to be wearing this coat until next winter.  You can find out more about this project via Ravelry


My studio sweater is coming along! Bless knitting in the library at lunchtimes like a nerd!!!!


My studio sweater.  Gee, this project has just been sitting there.  I totally got sidetracked by the crazy cat lady coat that this poor little sweater is sitting there with a sleeve to go!


My sock knitting is a bit #sockmonkey inspired....


My two-tone socks.  Second sock started!!  I think that this project will be finished this week.  I also think that I shouldn't start any other socks until those sweaters are off the needles!

What is it about knitting that makes you start so many different projects?!!!  I really need to start taking care of this knitting business!

4 comments:

DK said...

Love your knitting projects. I am so with you on the multiple knitting projects. I always have a pair of socks on the go, a shawl on another set of needles and usually a cotton washcloth waiting for attention. I must ask you, as I ask all knitters, where do you source your yarn from? I'm in Canberra and my lys are limited. Dotson in Canberra

miss mardi nowak said...

Hi there,

my yarn comes from all over the place, ebay, Suzyhausfrau and wool shows. I'm often persuaded by a yarn sale at Clegs or Lincraft too!

hellomister said...

ah! See you are still going. It looks great, and has inspired me to get on it (as soon as three other knitting projects are wrapped up!)

miss mardi nowak said...

@hellomister yep, just the sleeves to go!!!! I've been distracted with trying to get a new art gallery open - lots of 12 - 15 hour days! eek! Are you making it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...