Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Tackling Cables...

The secret to a truly great-fitting sweater
Image from Fringe Association.






I've knitted for quite some time, well actually, since I was a child but it's only been in the last five years that I've really been knitting solidly.  I've been choosing projects that are a bit more challenging and ticking knitting 'how the hell do I do that' off my list.

This list looked something like this:

  • learn how to knit in the round
  • learn how to knit socks
  • knit a shawl
  • learn intarsia
  • learn how to do i-cord binding
  • learn how to seam knits better
  • learn how to do a sweater in the round
  • learn how to knit cables
Yeah, that last one... everything above it has been ticked off except that.  My mum is a bit of a cable whiz but I just haven't gotten around to actually trying it, until now.


The Amanda knitalong of Fall 2014 — everything you need to know!
The Amanda Cardigan that I will be knitting!


The wonderful team at Ton of Wool were offering a Yarn Scholarship.  The recipient would receive 3 huge hanks of Ton of Wool cormo to take part in the Amanda Knitalong  that the awesome fold at Fringe Association are holding.  I adore Ton of Wool's Cormo yarn, it is so soft and squishy so I thought I would enter.  I mean, what better way to be forced to learn cables than if I won!

Yep, well I won...

Here is my winning photo...





So I will be tackling this gorgeous cable cardigan, blogging about my experiences learning how to do all of this and taking you on the journey with me.  Wish me luck and pray to the non-frogging gods that it all goes to plan!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...