Sunday, July 10, 2016

Knitting Hats... it's that kind of weather!

Keeping Pom Pom  levels epic...  And making elvish fashion choices... #rokuhat #madelinetosh
Add a giant pom pom... hat pattern Roku, knitted in Madelinetosh vintage - colourway Whiskey Barrel.

Yep, it's the weather for knitted hats!  As we had been in the USA during February/March, I feel like I got a bit of a head start on hat knitting and wearing due to being exposed to the cold weather early (which I love!!)  There are two knitted hat patterns that I have been loving.  They are designed by two lovely and talented ladies and are perfect stylish cold weather hat patterns.


Rocky hat
Roku hat in Madelinetosh Chunky, colourway is Astrid Grey.

First up is the Roku hat pattern by Olga Jazzy.  Although very simple in looks, it has these super clever and beautiful decreases that become a feature.  It also is a great base to play around with - flip the brim up, add a pom pom, brooch... the possibilities are endless.


Honeycomb hat
Petawawa pattern, yarn Malabrigo worsted in Sunset colourway

The Petawawa hat by the fabulous Tara Lynn Morrison (label is Good Night, Good Day) is a much loved pattern for me.  The simple shape and delicious honeycomb cables give the shape interest and pattern.  It's also super quite to whip up and a great first cable knitting pattern.  I think that I have knitted three of these so far and I'm probably not going to stop any time soon!


Do love a good honeycomb cable... #handknit #knittersofinstagram
Tonofwool cormo 10, close up of Petawawa hat.

There is something so comforting about a hand knitted hat.  As soon as I put one on, I feel warm, safe and cozy.  I wonder how many more I will manage to knit before the end of Winter?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...